Susan's European Adventures

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Day 25: The Palace of Versailles
The first shot of Versailles you meet is this beautiful white entrance. Everything in this room was made of white stone. It was built to make an impression of wealth and it did! This was one of my favorite rooms because they kept it simple and elegant.

Even the hallway is ornate. Carves stone lines the walls and ceilings.

This is a detail shot of one of the window latches. I love the star -- it adds a modern twist.

I have to admit that my favorite part of Versailles was this retrofit hallway. During reconstruction you walk through a black hallway with chandelliers hanging through holes in the ceiling. One wall is lined with mirrors to reflect the crystal and light. I absolutely love this! I would love to incorporate this idea into one of my designs.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home